Male Fertility Resource!
Natural Ways to Increase Sperm Count
Most male fertility problems are caused by physiological conditions, the most common of which is low sperm count or not being able to produce enough sperm. Some of the causes of low sperm count include: unhealthy sperm condition; infected semen; smoking and excessive alcohol intake; excessive physical and mental exertion; vitamin deficiency; physical abnormalities of the sex organs; and some other physical conditions like cancer.
Before trying to take any medication or undergoing complicated medical tests or procedures, it is usually advisable to try the natural ways of increasing sperm count first. They have actually been effective in most cases of infertility due to low sperm count. Here are some of them.
1. Make sure that you are getting proper nutrition. It is important to make sure that your daily diet is made up of food that has the nutrients your body needs to produce enough healthy sperm. Today, many people lead such busy lives that they neglect to eat proper and nutritious food. Try to increase your intake of natural and vitamin-rich foods.
2. Drink lots of water. As we all know, water is one of the best natural cures for various health conditions. By drinking 8 or more glasses of water daily, sperm count can be increased.
3. Try cutting back, if not avoiding caffeine. Certain foods that have caffeine such as cola drinks and coffee are known to have a significant effect on sperm production in the long run.
4. Avoid smoking and try lessening your alcohol intake. Nicotine and alcohol are among the worst substances that a person can take, as they have countless bad effects on the body and in males, on sperm count. They lessen sperm production significantly. Studies show that people who have been excessively smoking and drinking alcohol for a year or more become temporarily infertile. If you are seriously trying to conceive, make sure to avoid smoking and drinking.
5. Lessen your emotional and mental stress. Aside from making sure that your body is not polluted with alcohol and nicotine and that you eating the right nutrition, it is important to make sure that your emotional and mental well-being is at its optimum condition. Men who are under a considerable amount of emotional and mental stress usually suffer from low sperm count since the body is not able to function properly. Try lessening your work load or try having some leisure activities with your partner to take off some of the stress. You would surely be able to achieve success in conceiving shortly thereafter.
6. You can also take some vitamin and male fertility supplements, especially those that have a good amount of zinc, to help in increasing your sperm count.
7. You can also try having unprotected sex every two or three days, instead of having sex daily. There have been some studies which show that frequent male ejaculation lowers sperm count as well.
Partner Web Sites: Male Sexual Health